Sunday, February 3, 2008

Remember walking in your parents shoes?


KennaDee loves walking in my high heels. Everytime I wear them or anytime she sees them out on the floor, she puts them on and walks around the house. I remember doing that for some reason. Wouldn't it be fabulous if it was that easy to "fill someone else's shoes?" Just slip them on and that's it. I hope that KennaDee not only fills my shoes but that she will be able to do and give more than I have. Over the week I have been thinking a lot about family and how precious they are. I've also thought about how my children are so quick in forgiving and not only quick to forgive but so quick to forget. Forgive and Forget. Heavenly Father is so right when He says we need to become more like them. Why are we so quick to judge and so slow to forgive? If only we could see the bigger picture and keep the eternal perspective in our lives as we go about our days, we may be able to forgive and forget more frequently.


One of our friends gave Jackson this tie. Isn't he adorable?? Brian says this morning when I brought him into the bedroom, "Poor guy, sorry buddy, only 2 months old and we're already forcing ties on you." He's our precious gem. Of course, KennaDee would say, "No, Jackson, no gem. Jackson shark." According to her, I (mommy) am the princess, daddy is the King, she is the "agor" (alligator), and Jackson is the shark. What laughter she constantly brings into the home these days.

1 comment:

  1. I really love your post Shara! For the all the years that we've been such wonderful friends, you've always been that great example that I've needed! My testimony grows stronger with your's. You are amazing! I love the kiddos! They're adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts