Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Japanese Exchange Student

For a week in August we had a foreign exchange student from Japan come stay with us and it was soo much fun! They had a specific schedule that they followed with the tour bus during the day for Monday through Friday and then Saturday and Sunday, they were just with us. We took her Six Flags in Maryland and she absolutely loved it. She said that they don't have huge amusement parks like that in Japan. Sunday we took her to the visitors center. She watched The Testaments in Japanese and they toured the area with the return missionary from Japan. She said she had a really great time.
It was kinda funny, she didn't speak very much English so she had this electronic translator and sometimes, I would try and ask her something and she would just give me this blank stare, then we would both smile, laugh and she'd hand me her translator. We had lots of fun together.

I didn't get too many pics of her but here she is with us on our couch.









And here she is with her friends at the visitors center.









If you ever have the opportunity to take in an exchange student, I would strongly encourage it. We had Ayane for a week and I wish she could have stayed longer. It seemed like right when we were communicating well, she had to leave. But it was lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool Shara. How did you get hooked up with her?

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts