Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Off to Kindergarten!

KennaDee's first day at school! I can't believe that I have a Kindergartner.
Here's how the day went:
8:00 - KennaDee woke up (I had to wake her)
8:05 - rolled out of bed, got dressed - she picked out her favorite outfit
8:15 - ate breakfast
8:30 - started our journey to the bus stop








(she would wear this everyday if I let her. Thanks Nana!)

And this is her new backpack!

8:40 - walking up to the bus stop





My little girl is not so little anymore.





8:45 - me following the bus to school

I know, maybe I'm pathetic, buy my baby girl just went to school. This is a hard day for mama.






9:00 - I greeted her as she got off the bus, kissed her on the cheek, whispered in her ear that I love her and I hope she has a good day.

Tears started to well up so I darted back to my car before she could see me.

She was scared to get on the bus and nervous to go to school but honestly........

this was me:
I forgot to get a pic of me balling so this is an imitation of me. And I did this periodically throughout the day.




I think I had a harder time than her.



These are the questions that constantly went through my head all day long:

"I wonder what she's doing."

"Is she having fun?"

"Is she participating well?"

"Has she made friends yet?"

"How is her teacher?"

"Will she eat enough for lunch?

"Have I taught her well enough to stand up for what's right?"


.........


3:40pm - I head to the bus stop to pick her up and this was her getting off the bus:


She said she looked a little excited but as soon as she saw me, her lip turned to a frown and her eyes widened. She looked scared! She said that there were soo many people on the bus and it was way too loud for her.
Sad times.
I asked her how her day was and she said good. I asked, "What did you do?" She said, " I can't remember."
"Ahhhhhh!!!" was my response. I so badly wanted to know what she did all day and she couldn't remember. Eventually things started to come out one by one but still.....
We shall see how tomorrow goes.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats mama, way to be brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think kindergarten has got to be harder for mom when a school bus is involved. It seems more distant somehow . . . (not that I would know firsthand). Hopefully it gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looked so beautiful and so grown up. Is it getting any easier? I hope so. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts