Thursday, August 30, 2007

Let's review!

Okay, so it's been almost two whole months since I have updated our website. I apologize. I don't even think I have an excuse for not adding more adventure stories on here, except not taking the time to do so. So...what's happened the last 2 months? I'll tell ya.

JULY
In July, we were busy helping my sister in law get ready to move back to Utah. Yep, that's right, now we are loners over here on the East coast, but we're doing well. Brian helped them do the packing and loading aspect of it, and I helped watch the chillins. The last week they were here, we took the kids and they stayed with us while Ruth and Travas tried to frantically finish up. We went swimming with them, did art projects, played at home, and went to the zoo. We had a lot of fun and KennaDee is definitely going to miss them. She loved playing with all her cousins. I started scrapbooking again which is taking up a lot of my time as well. I have been sooooo far behind on it and my goal is to get completely caught up by the time our new baby boy is born.


We went to Texas this month as well because the Marine Band had a concert held in San Antonio. We were able to go to the Riverwalk and Alamo area while Brian worked. My parents were able to come down and tour the city with us. We went to the concert and they loved it even KennaDee. We can already tell she is going to be musical. She loves to sing and play the piano. But, so did I when I was young and we all know how well I sing and play the piano now. (It's not very pretty if you didn't know.) Sunday before we left we went to the Alamo again and KennaDee loved playing with the birds. A gentleman had went to buy some popcorn and came over and spread some out on the sidewalk. She loved watching them eat and taking pictures of them. Every once in a while she would run in the middle of the herd and they would all fly away.



While we were in Austin, KennaDee and I we were able to visit with some of our good friends and KennaDee was able to make a few new buddies. It was great to see y'all!!

KennaDee loved playing with her cousin, JD. He was so helpful and such a big "brother" to her. Isn't that picture cute of him helping her put on her shoes?

The other picture if of KennaDee and princess. She loves dogs. She was trying to throw the ball for princess, but several times, she ended up throwing the ball right at her.







AUGUST
In August, Brian and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary. Can you believe it? 3 years. Wow. He took me to the Melting Pot. If you are not familiar with that restaurant, I highly recommend you venture out and have a meal there. Be prepared, however, to spend money. It's a fondue restaurant. You start off with a cheese fondue and they bring out different vegetables to dip in it. Then you have a salad of your choice. After the salad, comes the main dish. They bring you different kinds of raw meat and then you cook it in the fondue pot with the seasonings that you choose. Then the best is for last. Chocolate fondue with fruit. It's divine!! Very pricy but very divine.

We also celebrated my birthday. I took myself to get a pedicure and Brian got me a new rocking chair. It's very comfortable. They made me a cake with the number 27 on it. YIKES!!

Other than those two events, we have been spending several hours looking at homes to buy in the Maryland and Virginia area. Buying a home is a HUGE decision, especially when the cheapest home we can get is $255,000. We've been praying fervently and it is amazing how the Lord has guided us in this past month. I have already seen blessings come from on high because of our diligence and patience we have learned to exercise. My testimony has definitely strengthened on the power of prayer.



KennaDee has grown since I last posted something I think. She's nearly 2 1/2 years old now and her hair is about 2 inches past her shoulders. It's absolutely beautiful. She can say her ABC's up to G and she can count up to 5. She is very bright and learning each day. It is such a joy to be able to stay home with her and help her grow. She is learning more and more spanish as well since I have been trying to speak it more to her on a daily basis.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, but it makes me sad-I miss you SQUEEKS! lol I'm so lame, I'm going to send you the picture right now from when we got together when you were here. I'm sorry I didn't send them yet. I'm so glad we got to hang out when you were here. Happy late Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear an update. Buying a home, huh? Pretty crazy! Best of luck to you though.--Heather Rust

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts