For the past three years Brian has gone to Chicago for work the week before Christmas. This year, I decided to paint our bedroom for him while he was gone. He hated the color of our room before. I don't blame him, it was horrific. The color was a very light pale green color. It almost looked white with a tint of lime green or something. Anhow. First of all, I have to thank my friends that helped out because I wouldn't have been able to finish it without their help. Megan, Aaron, Cyndi and Ben - y'all are awesome!
So here's how it went. He came home and I ran upstairs to get the video camera rolling so I could catch his reaction when he walked in. We had wrapped the door in wrapping paper so when he walked up the stairs, he suspected something was up but he had no I idea we had transformed the room. I wish I had remembered to take a before picture but I forgot.
Here's

what the room looks like now. (Ignore the spots on the picture and video. Our camera sucks!)
There were really nasty curtains on here but I took them off and threw them out. My plan is to make some nice white ones that will accent the room a bit.
This is the accent wall. The saying reads: ALWAYS with the overlay reading Kiss Me Goodnight.
This is the wall opposite of our bed. The doors lead to the bathroom and our closet.
And this is the side wall.
This is Brian's reaction when he walked in the door.
Awesome! The molding looks good, so does the saying :) Did he like it ?
ReplyDeletethat is so great. you are a wonderful wife!
ReplyDeleteThat was so nice of you!!! BTW we are planning to go to DC some time we just have to decide when!!
ReplyDeleteGood job. I can't believe you started a job like this whith 2 small kids and no husband home. You're awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat's a priceless response! Shara, the room is beautiful! I love the color choices.
ReplyDelete