Friday, October 5, 2012

Recap of Summer 2012


 Now that I have more time on my hands, I can update our blog more frequently.....hopefully....that's my goal anyway.

So here's a refresher of some of the fun things we have done over the summer.
Slip 'n Slidin', swimming, and hiking.



Nico got tired of it pretty quickly and really wanted me to just hold him.....hmmm.....nothing new I guess.  If you can't tell - he was pulling on my suit.  
















The boys loved this slide.  Nicholas, at first would just climb the stairs to the top - look out among the crowd, then go back down the stairs. Eventually he worked up the courage to slide down and LOVED it!! Jackson spent majority of his time on this slide as well.  He looks like a pro doesn't he?
KennaDee and Parker.....need I say more?

HA!! This picture cracks me up.  Doesn't he look like an old man....chowin' down? Look at that potbelly!! Who says my baby is malnourished.....I think not.   :) 



Doing activities with friends always seems more fun for the kiddos.  They all did so well on this hike.  Better than the mommies I think.  But let that be our secret.

We also went to the parks with friends.  Which never seems to get old to the kiddos.  Nor does it for me.  I love watching my children interact with others.



This is Nico's way of showing us his hands are dirty.  He was pretty proud of the sand on his hands.  

This equipment was new to the park and the kids loved it!  As you went across it, it would move up and down.  As you can see on their faces, it was moving at the time and they were trying not to fall off.  Surprisingly enough, we went home without any injuries.

Among all our summer fun this year, our best times were spending time with the family.  Brian made a tire swing for us in the back yard and the kids really enjoy it.  I understand why Heavenly Father put us in families.  There are so many blessings, so much understanding, service, love, empathy, compassion.  So many opportunities to see and understand how Christ really was.  Look at those precious faces!!
I LOVE this picture.  So cute. 

Another reason why He put us in families - - so we can be ourselves, be crazy, and not worry about what the others are thinking.  There's absolutely no judging. 


What a blessing these children are to me.  Can't imagine my life without them.  Love you kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts