Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bedside Conversations part 2

In a previous post I reflected on my bedside conversations with KennaDee.  This post I will reflect on my bedside conversations with Jackson.  It is a completely different experience.

Here's how our conversation went the other night and each night it is not much different. Jackson starts out, "Mom, I've been wondering if people walk by us when we are praying.  Sometimes I feel like people are walking by us."

Then he changed the subject and said, "maybe it's monsters.  I think monsters leave the room when we are praying and go to another room."

Immediately after saying that, he engaged in imaginary play and talked about parachutes dropping, which turned into his stuffed animals having ninja frog powers, then his parachutes turned into rockets crashing, and then we were back at the ninja frog stick power, then the animals were fighting and growling at each other. Then he said goodnight.

I listened. I didn't say a word. (I didn't really even have a chance to.) Just listened as he created his own story.

The difference between boys and girls at bedtime.  Interesting.

I LOVE bedside conversations.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this Shara. I have never had a ninja frog-fighting conversation with my daughters. : )

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts