Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Gender Reveal!!

As many of you already know, we are expecting our 4th child. HOLY COW!! Am I really gonna have 4 kids?!
Well - when I scheduled the ultrasound, I scheduled it for the 3rd of September (thinking that the kids started school the following week). The kids and I were excited that we were all going to be able to go to find out the gender, then lo and behold, I found out that the kids started school on the 3rd! BUMMER!! The kids were disappointed for only a short time because I told them that I would surprise them in a special way when the got home from school. I think they were more excited about that. :)

While the kids were away at school, Brian and I found out the gender then went to the store to get some balloons and decorations for the house.  We  filled a box up with some of the balloons and decorated the living room in the typical color of that gender.  

When the kids got home, the box was sitting outside waiting for them to open it up. I should have decorated the box in some cute way but....I ran out of time. Oh well..... they all suspected that it was a girl and were very hopeful for a girl...so much that their excitement for finding out wasn't as big as I had imagined it would be.  Haha...maybe I was just more excited than they were and I expected them to show just as much excitement.  And of course....Jackson had been saying he wanted a girl up until he found out it really was a girl and then changed his mind, saying he wants a boy.

After opening the box, the kids dashed for the door wanting to see what was inside.  (I hadn't let them go inside after school until we had opened the box so they were very anxious.) I think we got more of a surprise reaction when they walked through the door than when they opened the box.

See for yourself their expressions!  Needless to say, I am excited I'm having another girl and cannot wait to see what she looks like and the personality that she has.  I can tell you now, that she will be VERY active and a HUGE blessing to our family.








Here was our after our gender reveal party!!




I LOVE THESE KIDS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts