Sunday, June 15, 2008

What's the hardest thing for you?

Today, I have realized what the hardest thing is for me to experience, as a mother. That is, watching your children be in pain and not being able to do anything about it but hold them as they cry. It is one thing when they hurt themselves and you can kiss it and put a bandaid on it and make it feel all better. But it's another when your kisses and bandaids just won't work. I cry for her and wish that I could take the pain away.

This past week, my daughter has been sick. She has had a fever and does not have an appetite. She has recently developed sores all within her mouth which are preventing her from eating because of the pain. She wants to eat. I will set food in front of her and she will look at it with a deep desire but push it away. Sometimes she will bring it to her mouth and just let it touch her lips and then put it down. She watches every bite I take and I'm at a point now, where I hate to eat in front of her. She is so hungry but is so scared to try anything. We have some numbing medicine to give her so that she would be able to eat but she won't let us put it in her mouth no matter what we say, she won't let us. She is not even talking at this point because it hurts her to talk so she just grunts and points to express herself.

As I have gone through this experiece, I think of the Savior and what He has gone through for us. It is painful for me to watch my daughter be in so much agony and yet, our Savior suffered so much more for each of us so that we might experience eternal happiness. What an amazing man. I can't wait to meet Him.

So, the hardest thing I have experienced as a mother is watching my children be in pain and not being able to do anything about it.

What is the hardest thing you all have experienced as mothers?

2 comments:

  1. What's wrong with KennaDee? What does she have sores in her mouth from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that your little girl is feeling awful! I agree with you, having kids in pain and not being able to take away that pain is one of the toughest things about parenthood. Another thing I have trouble with is: other adults not having any idea how to deal with my kid, but sharing their opinions anyway. We were just at WDW and one of the photo people starts asking Sam "why he isn't brave enough to get his picture taken with Cinderella?" Excuse me?!?! It was heart breaking to see Sam getting made fun of by an adult and slighted because he is a lot timid in new situations. Camron shot back at the lady by saying that we have giant princesses that roam our neighborhood. Yeah, we are subtle people. I hope KennaDee feels better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts