Friday, January 23, 2009

Kids - Gotta Love 'Em

Do you ever feel stressed when bathing your kids? Here is how our bathtime routine usually goes. They both get in the bathtub and I let them just play for a little while. Then I bathe Jackson and take him out. I used to bathe both of them and take them both out at the same time however, KennaDee doesn't like to do that anymore. Ever since I taught her the word "privacy, " she has to do things in private now. So - she wants me to wash Jackson and take him out so that she can close the curtain and wash her self with privacy. Then after I get Jackson dressed, I have about 2 minutes time to wash KennaDee's hair before Jackson comes running in and diving in. Literally - he will go head first, clothes and all. No joke - he's done it. Anyhow, so I was at the point of washing KennaDee's hair and I had asked her SEVERAL times to lie down so that I could wash her hair. She kept making excuses and not listening to me. I started to feel frustrated and finally at my last attempt to get her to lay down, she does and she smiles at me and says "Mom, I'm so grateful when you're happy." Now - how can I not smile after that remark? It completely changed my attitude. I knew there was a reason I had children. :)

3 comments:

  1. Makes you wonder how you can ever get mad at them, huh? But then there's reality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, where does she come up with this stuff. I think she has you whipped and she knows it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love moments like that. I think our children are sometimes inspired to remind us to be happy at the moments we are most frustrated. That's so sweet she said that to you.

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts